Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.thisadventureourlife.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

This Adventure, Our Life: It is all about books!

Monday, March 15, 2010

It is all about books!

Books, Books, Books... oh how I love books 

I read to Bailey every night before she goes to bed.  It goes something like getting dressed for bed, PJ's and night cloth diaper, then reading a book and then something like this...well until last night!  

Usually I would read to Bailey and she would maybe be interested for about a couple minutes and then I would totally lose her interest.  I would continue reading to myself her.  Last night was different... We read the first book, and she was paying attention the whole time and even grabbing at the book, watching my expressions, giggling when I changed my tone and made silly sounds!  I thought, okay we will try another, so I pulled another one... still interested and better yet she started talking away!!  She was basically "telling the story to me".  After that book we ended up reading two more!  I love books, and I love reading to her.  My mom always read to us when we were growing up, every night.  Actually two of our book choices tonight were books that my Mom read to me growing up!  It was just one of those moments tonight where I was like "wow, she is growing, and getting smarter by the day!".  She went from being totally distracted while I was reading to being all into the reading.  I can not wait for more story time with Bailey.  I can just see it now, "Mommy, just one more, please?", "Okay, sure" (because I love to read children's books).  What a great thing, books and reading.  

Our book choices last night were:





And who could say "no" to this: obviously not me!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At March 15, 2010 at 12:08 PM , Blogger With Out My Punkin said...

I love childrens books! I read book after book to Kasey when he was in the hospital. She is adorable!

 

Post a Comment

Comments make the day happy, please join in on the talk!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home