Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.thisadventureourlife.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

This Adventure, Our Life: 2 months old!!

Sunday, December 27, 2009

2 months old!!

I find myself often wanting to write, but Bailey wants to be held. I can not resist to sit and gaze at her while she coos, smiles, and even fusses. I love how she wants me to cradle her, look at her, and hold her hand while she is trying to relax. She fits perfectly in my arms (and always will). She is beautiful. She has all sorts of new noises she has developed. While she is sleeping you can hear her breath and she lets little awws out as she slowly goes to sleep, when she is looking around she makes noises and tries out her new “voice” as she discovers everything she can see in the world. The best moments are when she stares into my eyes with all the love a baby has for her Mommy, that melts me to pieces (as tears come to my eyes right now).

There are soo many things I do not want to forget about: her stretches, a full body one when she wakes up from her nap- her arms extend soo long, as she wrinkles her face and her legs then go out to the furthest extent; the noise she makes while talking and having her “binkie” in her mouth like a gurgle gurgle la la sound; her heavy breathing while she is asleep (which she is on m lap doing right now) I could spend hours listening to her breath, it is soo peaceful (her Auntie Farrin said we should record it- I need to do this!!); her new set of cries (I thought I was kinda crazy when I started to notice she had a set of cries- and I thought I knew what they meant), but as I learned babies develop a set of cries) she makes a “Neh” cry when she is hungry, she has a (what Tony calls) complaining I want Mom cry which is more like a yelling voice more than a cry, a “Owh” cry when she is tired and a really dragged out version (it is sad) when she gets REALLY tired), she has a new found “I am scared” cry, and a couple others :)!

In the last couple weeks, really last two weeks she is growing!! Not just in size but also in skills. Bailey can hold her head pretty steady, pick her head up to look around, she has starting to grab things (like my cell phone, my necklace, our faces, and anything else that she wants), and she looks at everything absorbing the world and all it has to offer and she follows our voices . She is long and thin, she is not out of newborn diapers, we have recently switched to cloth diapers , which Tony and I think is the best move we could had made, we LOVE them. They are soo easy, and work great. We have not had to use a single disposable (or buy one!). Of course we will use disposables as back up and on trips! We use Bumgenius ( http://www.bumgenius.com/ ) One Size diapers that fit from 7 pounds to 35 pounds! Besides the savings on money (Tony and I sat down and calculated verses disposables--yes we even factored in washing costs), savings to the land fills, and it is FAR BETTER for Bailey (disposables contain MANY chemicals that are in contact with her skin). Cloth Diapers may not be for everyone, but they work great for us, I have a routine and it is not too difficult at all. We figure any little thing we can do adds up!!

Bailey has been doing a lot this month!! She goes everywhere with me. She is a good girl, very adaptable. She is an awesome sleeper, she sleeps a minimal 6 hour stretch at night, most consistently a 7 hour stretch and occasionally an 8 hour one (YAY!). I try to keep her busy all day, with small nap breaks (I do not get much done but I do get some sleep at night)!! She has made many trips to Grandpa and Grandma’s house, to restaurants for lunch and dinner, to work with me and help my Dad out, to Daddy’s work to have lunch and see him, to get a Christmas tree, to see Santa, to Santa Monica to visit Auntie Farrin and go to Farmer’s Market, Shopping with Auntie Laurie and Grandma and MANY other places. We consider her a pro shopper now (how can she not be with her Mommy!!) She has a love of cute outfits and toys!! Tony and I cart her everywhere, she has quite the audience everywhere we go!!

Tony and I are trying to enjoy every minute with Bailey. We are trying to stay relaxed and love her as much as we humanly can, which is unconditionally. That unconditional love is amazing. I would do anything for this baby, I mean anything. It s special to have that. Now I know how my parents felt, and how watching your child grow up is very hard, yet rewarding. Tony and I both love this baby to pieces. I hope she always know that.

Bailey is a great baby, she makes us proud, feel loved, and smile daily! We love you Bailey!!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At January 22, 2010 at 2:52 PM , Anonymous Auntie Maddie said...

She really is such a precious little girl! I've had a great time getting to know her and seeing you as a Mommy! I'm soo happy for your family!

 
At January 22, 2010 at 2:53 PM , Anonymous Amy Switzer said...

She is just a beautiful baby...I am sorry I can't be there to see her in person. We do follow her on your site, and hope to see more.

 
At January 22, 2010 at 2:55 PM , Anonymous Cheryl said...

So much personality, just like her parents!!
Can't wait to see you guys again, she is growing so fast!
Love Ya!
Cheryl

 
At January 22, 2010 at 2:56 PM , Anonymous Great Auntie Pat said...

One of God's greatest blessings! A true miracle that unconditionall love....

 
At January 22, 2010 at 2:56 PM , Anonymous G-Aunt Catherine said...

Bailey is the happiest (and cutest) baby ever! What a bundle of joy!
Blessings to you all in the New Year!

 

Post a Comment

Comments make the day happy, please join in on the talk!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home