Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.thisadventureourlife.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

This Adventure, Our Life: Thank goodness for Raffi and his Beluga Whale

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Thank goodness for Raffi and his Beluga Whale

Yesterday was a rough day!  Between calling Verizon (whom I really dislike) and Bailey being a "cranckapotimus" I had about had it at the end of the day when I had to run to the Post office to stand in line (Yuck!) and on top of all this I had the worst headache.  Anyhow Bailey, like most 4 month old babies hates her car seat, not necessarily being in it, but the act of being put into it.  I was driving to the post office and she was being fussy, not screaming, just more or less whining, ALOT and at the top of her lungs "yelling".  I just could not take any more anything, I had tried everything (the binky, talking to her, singing to her, holding her hand, while driving with the other-yeah I know really safe, right?) but we needed to make it to the Post Office, so I flipped on Raffi in desperation and as my last measure.   

Guess what, I love that beluga whale, it worked!!  She stopped crying and was listening to "Baby beluga in the deep blue sea..."  At this moment I was soo thankful for Raffi and his beluga whale.  Peace and Quiet, ahh!! 

When we got out of the Post Office I had to put her back in the dreaded seat, and more whining and screaming happened.  I got into the car and turned on Raffi, and she was quiet that single second.  5 stars for Raffi!  If you have not heard of Raffi, I would google him, he is great for children, I used to listen to him when I was a child.

When we arrived home I found Bailey and she was:


YAY!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At March 16, 2010 at 12:22 PM , Blogger Suzanne Jeanette said...

I had this same discovery when I won a free Kindermusik CD. Lucas was about four months old as well. It was the most WONDERFUL thing to finally be able to drive in the car without screaming. We still play that same CD every day. :)

 
At March 16, 2010 at 12:51 PM , Blogger With Out My Punkin said...

I cannot believe that his stuff is still around! I loved Raffi when I was a kid, we even saw him perform! Sounds like you have a new trick for that sweet baby girl of yours!

 
At March 16, 2010 at 5:45 PM , Blogger Cindy @ This Adventure, Our Life said...

Suzanne- it must be something about 4 months, right :) they are just aware of it all! She seriously did not care last week (but then again maybe I was not playing Baby Beluga then!!)

Nicolle- Yes, I will try this again (and maybe first off) every time until it gets old, thankfully she is usually pretty good in the car! Just some days are not so great! That is cool you saw Raffi perform, he was my favorite when I was little, I still like him now.

 
At March 16, 2010 at 5:53 PM , Blogger Alissa said...

Molly is just now FINALLY coming to terms with her carseat. She doesn't like it, but she knows (I think?) that she will be allowed out of it at some point. Only two more months of car screaming! lol!

 
At March 17, 2010 at 6:00 AM , Blogger Jenn said...

Aww :) I actually remember my mom playing Raffi tapes for me in the car because it was so calming. Yay for Raffi!!

 
At March 17, 2010 at 7:46 AM , Blogger Cindy @ This Adventure, Our Life said...

Alissa- yes, I think Bailey is finally accepting the car seat routine also, she is not as bad as in the beginning!

Jenn- My mom had Raffi tapes for us and they were awesome! I still remember a lot of the songs! I will be the one people see singing in their car :)

 

Post a Comment

Comments make the day happy, please join in on the talk!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home